Generic Name: Codeine phosphate, Ibuprofen
Product Name: Nurofen Plus
Pain and inflammation such as:
Nurofen Plus contains two active ingredients. Ibuprofen has an antiinflammatory effect, so it can relieve the pain, redness and swelling that result from inflammation, and it is also effective against fever. Codeine phosphate relieves pain and may cause some sedation (sleepiness).
- Adults and children over 12 years may take 2 tablets as a starting dose, followed by 1-2 tablets every 4 hours to a maximum of 6 tablets in 24 hours.
- Nurofen plus may be taken with or without food.
- It is NOT recommended for children under 12 years.
12’s, 24’s: S2; 48’s: S3, except NSW: S2
Common side effects
- Gastrointestinal upset (pain in the abdomen, heartburn, nausea and vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation);
- Skin: rash, itching;
- Headache, dizziness; and
- Decreased ability to cough (and therefore a reduced ability to protect the airways).
Uncommon side effects
- Skin rashes (exfoliative dermatitis and epidermal necrolysis) ;
- Poorly-functioning kidneys or liver; or Kidney failure;
- Hearing disturbance;
- Thrombocytopenia (not having enough clotting cells in the blood, which can cause a tendency to bleed.)
- Respiratory depression (not breathing in enough oxygen, or breathing out enough toxins to meet the body’s needs).
For further information talk to your doctor.