Generic Name: Amitriptyline hydrochloride
Product Name: Endep
Endep is used for:
Tricyclic antidepressants (TCA’s) exert their effects by inhibiting the re-uptake of noradrenaline and serotonin into presynaptic terminals.
Depression in adults:
- 25-75mg daily, increasing by 25-50mg every 2-3 days to 75-150mg daily. Maximum 300mg daily.
Urinary urge incontinence:
- 10-25mg 1-3 times daily.
Nocturnal enuresis in children:
- Child 7-10 years- 10-20mg 30-60 minutes before bedtime; maximum period of treatment is 3 months.
- Child older than 10 years- 25-50mg 30-60 minutes before bedtime; maximum period of treatment is 3 months.
- Do not use for enuresis (Involuntary urination) in children under 7 years.
Common side effects
See uncommon side effects.
Uncommon side effects
- Dry mouth.
- Blurred vision.
- Weight gain.
- Orthostatic hypotension.
- Urinary hesitancy or retention.
- Reduced gastrointestinal motility.
- Anticholinergic delirium (particularly in the elderly and in Parkinson’s Disease.
- Loss of libido.
- Other sexual adverse effects.
For further information talk to your doctor.