The Macular Disease Foundation is a charity. It is the national peak body in Australia formed in 2001 by those who felt there was a real need for an Australia-wide MD organisation that was primarily patient driven. The Foundation is committed to working on behalf of the entire MD community, specifically those with the disease, their family and carers. The national office is located in Sydney.
The MDF’s vision is to reduce the incidence and impact of macular degeneration in Australia.
Their objectives are:
- Education – to provide accurate, specific, current and ongoing information
- Awareness – to increase awareness of macular degeneration
- Research – to support and pursue research
- Support services – to facilitate access to relevant support services
- Representation – to advocate for the best interests of the MD community
Programs and services provided include:
- National Helpline: 1800 111 709
- Information Services: Publications, newsletters and other resources on macular degeneration
- Education: A range of courses and education programs to raise awareness of macular degeneration
- Register: Maintenance of a national register of optometrists
- Promotion: Support of macular degeneration related events.
MDF Australia National Helpline: 1800 111 709
MD Foundation Suite 902, Level 9
447 Kent Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Tel: (02) 9261 8900
For more information on macular degeneration
|See Macular Degeneration.|