Camp Autism was founded in 2008 by Mary and Bryan West and is dedicated in uniting families dealing with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). They are a small organisation with big ideas, and 100% of all donations received go directly into the camps. Through their efforts and the efforts of others, Camp Autism offers families the chance to escape for a litte while, relax and build support networks with other considerate families.
To provide an opportunity for families affected by ASD to have a relaxing weekend away in a supportive environment.
Their mission is to achieve this by:
- Creating an opportunity for affected families to be ‘normal’.
- A chance to share experiences with like-minded people.
- Relief from the stigma associated with venturing out into public places.
- Wonderful and exciting opportunities for children and their families.
Programs and services provided include:
- Activities for camps – The entertainment varies from camp to camp, while covering a wide range of educational and hands on activities. Some listed activities include; fishing, bushwalks, swimming, pony rides, dolphin watching, indoor and outdoor games and barbeques.
- Funding camps – The funding for the camps comes from donations, social support and the families themselves. If you would like to make a donation, please visit the Camp Autism Appeal page.
- Provides funding for families to attend the camps – Camp Autism provides support through funding and the individual sponsorship of families to attend camps (even partial support helps families out in a huge way).
- Volunteers – Camp Autism is run primarily by volunteers and members of the community. It relies on social input and local business operators to provide equipment, locations and other requirements. If you think you can help or have any ideas, visit the Camp Autism website.
For further infomation visit, campautism.org or contact Camp Autism to find out more information by emailing them at: email@example.com
Further information on Autism: