Actively delivering counselling, support and information, Epilepsy Australia is committed to supporting the Australian community in making enlightened and fully informed responses to epilepsy.
Epilepsy Australia is the national coalition of Australian Epilepsy Associations.
A registered national charity, Epilepsy Australia receives no government funding and relies solely on donations to achieve its goals.
Epilepsy Australia’s mission is to:
- Produce comprehensive information on epilepsy and seizures, and deliver accredited education and training programs
- Raise awareness and understanding of epilepsy and seizures within the wider community
- Promote and facilitate research into the medical and social aspects of epilepsy
- Advocate for people living with epilepsy where a national outcome is sought
Programs and services provided include:
- National Helpline: 1300 852 853
- The Epilepsy Report: a free bi-annual magazine
- Information Services: publications, videos and other resources on epilepsy and other seizure disorders
- Education: a range of courses and education programs are provided by qualified epilepsy trainers
Epilepsy Australia National Helpline: 1300 852 853
PO Box 1049
Baulkham Hills NSW 1755