Drug ARM WA Inc is a not-for-profit based organisation operating from a Christian ethos and has served the community for over 100 years. Since 1992, Drug ARM WA has been based in the Armadale area and has impacted the lives of hundreds of young people and their families with programs throughout Western Australia. They reach out to the community with a range of programs and services through AWARENESS, REHABILITATION and MANAGEMENT.
Drug ARM WA Inc aims to provide compassionate and caring service in the area of alcohol and other drug use and misuse to both individuals and the community, especially to those marginalised by reason of age, gender or culture.
Programs and services provided include:
- Counselling – Face to face, individuals and families dealing with issues of drug and alcohol misuse.
- Education – School seminars and community groups.
- Supervised Bail Program – Provides accommodation for young people between the ages of 12-17 years old who are on supervised bail. All referrals are from the Department of Corrective Services.
- Street Van Outreach Service – Provides support, information and referrals to street present at risk young people on Friday and Saturday nights in specific locations.
- Leavers Program – Chill out tents and support during school leavers week. Visit http://www.leaverswa.com.au/content.php?page=Drug ARM WA for more information.
- Rehabilitation Centre (Rosella House) – Residential 13 week Drugs and Alcohol rehabilitation program located in Geraldton.
- Transitional Housing – Located in Geraldton for clients who successfully complete our rehabilitation centre (Rosella House) program, as they transition back into their communities.
- Op Shops – Our Op shops provide second hand, bargain priced quality goods to those in need or looking for value for money.
For more information on drinking alcohol, including drinking disorders and alcohol’s effect on the body, as well as some useful tools, see Alcohol.
For more information on substance abuse, see Drug Abuse (Substance Abuse).