ausEE Inc. is a registered Australian charity dedicated to providing support and information to anyone diagnosed with or caring for someone with an eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorder (EGID), including eosinophilic oesophagitis (EE or EoE), eosinophilic gastritis, eosinophilic enteritis, eosinophilic colitis and eosinophilic gastroenteritis. ausEE Inc. is also committed to raising public awareness and supporting the medical community for further research into eosinophilic disorders in Australia.
ausEE Inc.’s mission is to improve the lives of those affected by eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorders by providing support and information and to campaign and raise funds for further research in Australia.
The vision of ausEE Inc. is:
- To reach all those affected by eosinophilic disorders in Australia.
- To become the catalyst for further research in the medical field, and ultimately find a cure.
- To become the most prominent eosinophilic support organisation in Australia.
Programs and services provided include:
- Information and education: ausEE Inc. provides valuable information relevant to eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorders through our website to both patients and physicians. Our medical brochure Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disorders: What you should know is available from major hospitals and specialist clinics. Through campaigns we are raising greater public awareness and understanding of eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorders, their impact and appropriate management options.
- Support: We provide much needed support through our free online membership forums and we coordinate face-to-face support group meetings hosted in various locations across Australia.
- Resources: Some of the resources we provide are the donation of hand-knitted ausEE kid dolls to gastroenterology clinics in hospitals to be given to kids undergoing endoscopies or surgery for EGID/EE, and we have produced a children’s picture book about an eosinophilic oesophagitis diagnostic journey.
- Medical research: We fundraise to support medical research and clinical trials in Australia into eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorders. We aim to improve the quality of life for people with eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorders.
|For more information about eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorders, download the AusEE brochure Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disorders: What you should know.|
For further information visit http://www.ausee.org/