ADDults with ADHD (NSW) Inc. is a non-funded voluntary organisation established in 1995 to address the needs of adults with ADHD and other related conditions, and their families. It is the only organisation specifically supporting adults with ADHD in Australia.
The management committee largely consists of practicing psychologists and individuals with a thorough working knowledge of ADHD and its impact on the individual, the family, and the community as a whole.
A registered Charity, the organisation has the support of a professional advisory body from a variety of disciplines such as medicine, psychiatry, psychology and education, as well as knowledgeable and experienced parents and adults with ADHD.
ADDults with ADHD not only supports adults, their partners and families, but are also committed to creating opportunities for education and awareness for the media, government and health professionals that is considered best practice and based on clinical research. ADDults is committed to reducing the stigma associated with ADHD and dispel the myths and media hype that have been so prominent over the years.
- Telephone HelpLine offering support and information to adults and their families
- Mail-out Information Packs on adult ADHD and related comorbidities
- A referral register of professionals and services available in this field
- Current evidence based information to adults, families, professionals, media, government and others
- Range of leaflets and handout information sheets
- 2-Day Behavioural Management Workshops for adults with ADHD, to learn daily strategies
- Training Workshops on management strategies for professionals working with adults with ADHD
- Website with upcoming events, news items, and associated links
- Online Facebook group providing information and support
- A quarterly newsletter for members, outlining current affairs in ADHD and upcoming events
- Quarterly ‘Awareness Afternoons’ with professional speakers
- Annual conference
- Input into various areas, including government agencies and the media – recent examples:
- Representative on the working party for the revision of the National Health and Medical Council (NHMRC) guidelines for ADHD in Australia 2008.
- Representative on the international body “ADHD Global Network”
- Representative on consultation group for Australian website
- Representative on the Australian Psychological Society’s Problem Gambling Review Paper
ADDults with ADHD (NSW) Inc.
Post Office Box 22, Epping, NSW 1710
Registered Charity ABN: 87 819 863 019
Tel: 02 9889 5977
Mobile: 0416 111 036
For more information on ADHD in adults
|See Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Adults.|