Calcia (500, 1000)
Generic Name: Calcium carbonate
Product Name: Calcia (500, 1000)
Indication of Calcia (500, 1000)
Calcia is a source of calcium. Consuming enough calcium in youth and throughout life is required to maximise bone and maintain healthy bone development and growth. Not consuming enough calcium in your diet may lead to osteoporosis later in life.
- Provide additional calcium during periods of life when your diet does not contain enough calcium or when you have higher calcium requirements;
- Be used in the management of calcium deficiency;
- Be used for calcium supplementation in osteoporosis management if you have calcium deficiency.
Your doctor will be able to advise if this product is suitable for you. Consult your doctor before taking any medication or supplement.
Dose advice of Calcia (500, 1000)
Your doctor will advise you how much Calcia to take. Always take the supplement as instructed by your doctor.
Always read the label. If you have any queries about the correct way to use this product, please ask your doctor. Individual results may vary.
Special care needs to be taken when using Calcia under certain conditions. Tell your doctor if you:
- Have phenylketonuria. Calcia contains phenylalanine;
- Are allergic to aspartame.
If you have any concerns, please speak with your doctor.
There is no information regarding the safety of Calcia use in pregnancy.
There is no information regarding the safety of Calcia use during breastfeeding.
There is no information regarding the safety of Calcia use in children.
Schedule of Calcia (500, 1000)
Unscheduled. Calcia is a listed medicine in Australia.1
- Calcia 1000 (Orange) public summary: No. 153234 [online]. Woden, ACT: Therapeutic Goods Administration, eBS Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods Medicines; 23 June 2008 [cited 14 July 2011]. Available from: URL link
- Calcia 500 (Orange) public summary: No. 153216 [online]. Woden, ACT: Therapeutic Goods Administration, eBS Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods Medicines; 21 June 2008 [cited 14 July 2011]. Available from: URL link
Please note that the Product Information including information such as what a product should be used for, how it works, the dosage and relevant side effects is created by the company who makes the product. For registered medicines, the Product Information is carefully validated by the relevant Australian health authority, the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA). However, for complementary medicines the Product Information is NOT routinely checked by the TGA. Therefore it is important that you do NOT take any complementary medicine without first speaking with your doctor.