A case-control study to look at hypersensitive and tolerant individuals matched for HLA genetic predisposition, when considering predictors of drug hypersensitivity.The study aims to identify the immunological factors increasing the risk of drug reactions in HIV positive individuals.
Predictors of Drug Hypersensitivity in HIV Infected Subjects
HIV Infections Hypersensitivity
Screening, Cross-Sectional, Case Control, Retrospective/Prospective Study
August 2005; Expected completion: August 2008
Eligibility & Criteria
- Ages Eligible for Study: 18 Years and above
- Genders Eligible for Study: Both
- HIV infected patients on treatment with the drugs Efavirenz, Nevirapine, or Abacavir.
- Age over 18 Cases are those who have had a hypersensitivity reaction, and controls are those who have had no reaction
Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, 3004, Australia; Recruiting
- Dr Paul Cameron: 0061 3 9207 1449, Paul.Cameron@med.monash.edu.au