This apple hummus recipe is sweet and fresh, perfect for serving with apple slices or any of your favourite fruits or veggies. With no added salt or citrus, it’s milder than traditional recipes, making it a great alternative for those who want to get a little creative with their dips.
Makes 2 adult servings or 4 child servings
- 1 x 400 g can chick peas, drained
- 1 heaping tablespoon tahini
- 1 level tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- Pour chick peas, tahini, apple juice and olive oil into food processor
- Mix until creamy with no chunks remaining
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: None
Difficulty rating: Easy
- If you don’t have a food processor, you can also use a hand blender but it may take longer to achieve the creamy consistency.
- Feel free to modify the recipe by adding a pinch of salt, a bit more tahini or a squeeze of lemon.
- For tastiest results, use organic chick peas, hulled tahini, and apple juice with no added sugar.
- Depending on the amount of pulp in your juice, you may need a different quantity. If using freshly pressed apple juice, you may need a little less. Try pouring half in then adding the rest as needed to ensure you end up with a nice consistency.
Nutritional analysis per child-size serve (112 g):
|Total fat||7.30 g|
|Saturated fat||0.98 g|
|Total sugars||4.27 g|
For more information on nutrition, including information on types and composition of food, nutrition and people, conditions related to nutrition, and diets and recipes, as well as some useful videos and tools, see Nutrition.