Generic Name: Salbutamol sulfate
Product Name: Ventolin Respirator Solution and Nebules
Treatment and prevention of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) (chronic bronchitis and emphysema). Ventolin Respirator Solution and Nebules are useful in patients who are unable to use standard oral pressurised inhalers eg. young children.
Salbutamol relieves asthma by relaxing muscles within the airways (bronchodilation) making it easier to breath.
- Ventolin Respirator Solution and Nebules must be used in an efficient nebulising device. Please see your doctor for directions. Not to be injected or swallowed.
- Solution may be inhaled diluted or direct in an intermittent or continuous administration pattern.
- Dosage is adjustable by weight for children.
- Notify doctor if symptoms do not dissipate upon use of nebuliser, if symptoms reappear within 3 hours of use or if nebuliser is being used in increasing amounts.
Common side effects
- changes in blood pressure
- increased heart rate
Uncommon side effects
- sensation of warmth
- cardiac arrhythmias
- muscle cramps
- allergic reactions
- mouth and throat irritation with inhaled salbutamol.
For further information talk to your doctor.