Generic Name: Diphenhydramine hydrochloride
Product Name: Unisom Sleepgels
Uses of Unisom sleepgels include:
Counteracts the inflammatory effects of histamine.
- Store between 15 degrees and 30 degrees C.
- Adults and children > 12 years: 1 capsule at bedtime if needed.
- Can be taken with or without food.
- For motion sickness, a dose is usually taken 30 minutes before motion.
- As a sleep aid, Unisom should be taken 30 minutes before bedtime.
- Seek medical advice if insomnia persists for longer than 7 days.
Common side effects
As with any other medication, Unisom sleepgels can cause a number of side effects, most of which are likely to be minor and cease when the medication is stopped. The more common side effects include:
Uncommon side effects
Less common side effects include:
- heart palpitations
- blurred vision
- low blood pressure
- urinary retention
For further information talk to your doctor.