Generic Name: Paracetamol
Product Name: Panadol
Panadol contains paracetamol and is used for fast, effective, temporary relief of pain and discomfort associated with:
- period pain
- cold & flu
- tension headache
- muscular aches
- reduces fever
Panadol is a medicine exerts analgesic (reduces pain) and antipyretic (reduces fever) activity, but does not possess anti-inflammatory activity.
Panadol comes in many different formulations, such as Panadol Tablets, Panadol Caplets, Panadol Gel Caps Tablets, Panadol Soluble Tablets, Panadol Mini Caps Tablets, Panadol Rapid Caplets, Children’s Panadol 6 Months-5 Years Suppositories, Children’s Panadol 5-12 Years Suppositories, and Panadol Children 10-12 Years + Adult Suppositories. As a result dosing should comply with directions on the packet. Dosage can be taken with or without food.
Panadol Tablets, Caplets and Panadol Soluble:
- Adults, Children over 12 years: One to two tablets every four hours (maximum of eight tablets in 24 hours).
- Children 7-12 years: Half to one tablet every four hours (maximum of four tablets in 24 hours), taken with water or other fluid. Panadol Soluble tablets should be dissolved in at least half a glass of water-Panadol Gel Caps, Gel Tabs and Mini Caps.
- Adults, Children over 12 years: One to two tablets every four hours (maxiumum of eight tablets in 24 hours).
- Children 7-12 years: One tablet every four hours (maxiumum of four tablets in 24 hours), taken with water or other fluid.
- Adults, Children over 12 years: Two caplets every four to six hours (maximum of eight caplets in 24 hours).
- Children 6 months-3 years: One 125mg suppository.
- 4-5 years: Two 125mg suppositories.
- 5-8 years: One 250mg suppository.
- 9-12 years: Two 250mg suppositories.
- 10-12 years: One 500mg suppository.
- Adults: Two 500mg suppositories.
- Suppositories can be inserted up to 4 times in 24 hours if needed. To ease insertion the suppository can be moistened.
Packs of 24 or less: unscheduled.Packs larger than 24: S2Suppositories: 125mg and 250mg 20?s S2, 500mg 24’s S2
Common side effects
Uncommon side effects
For further information talk to your doctor.