Generic Name: Chlorpheniramine maleate; Paracetamol; Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride
Product Name: Panadol Sinus Day-Night
Panadol Sinus Day/Night is used for the temporary relief of sinus pain and congestion, and the fever that may accompany it. The night formulation relieves itchy, runny eyes and sneezing, and helps the patient to sleep.
– take two caplets every six hours
– do not exceed six caplets in 24 hours
– do not take DAY formulation within 6 hours of taking NIGHT formulation
– take two tablets at bedtime or when resting
– do not exceed two tablets in 24 hours
Do not exceed eight caplet/tablet combination in 24 hours.
Common side effects
Reports of adverse reactions to Paracetamol are rare. The following have been reported but not proven to be related to use of Paracetamol:
– stomach upset
– allergic reaction
Pseudoephedrine stimulates the sympathetic nervous system (which is responsible for the Â¡Â°fight-or-flightÂ¡Â± response) and may cause symptoms such as:
– increased heart rate
– urinary retention (in males with prostatic enlargement)
The major side effect caused by Chlorpheniramine is sedation, but this is often actually the desired effect (inclusion in NIGHT preparation).
Uncommon side effects
Allergic reactions to Pseudoephedrine have been very rarely reported, and consist of a widespread rash of red, coin-sized patches.
For further information talk to your doctor.