Generic Name: Paracetamol
Product Name: Panadol (Children)
Parecetamol treats pain and fever via uncertain mechanisms. It is not an anti inflammatory.
Available as chewable tablets.
- Can be taken with or without food.
- Children (3-6 years) – 2 tablet every 4 hours. Max 8 tablets per day.
- Children (7-9 years) – 3 tablet every 4 hours. Max 12 tablets per day.
- Children (10-12 years) – 4-5 tablet every 4 hours. Max 20 tablets per day.
- Avoid if experienced allergic reactions in past to Paracetamol.
- Seek appropriate medical advice if uncertain.
Common side effects
Overdose symptoms are important as excess parecetamol can cause liver damage and be potentially fatal. Symptoms develop within the first two days and include vomiting, abdominal pain, low blood pressure and sweating.
In cases of overdosage, immediately telephone the Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26 or seek appropriate medical help.
Uncommon side effects
Possible allergic reactions and nausea.Seek medical advice immediately if any of the above are suspected.
For further information talk to your doctor.