Generic Name: Ibuprofen
Product Name: Nurofen
Ibuprofen is used for pain relief in the following conditions:
- Minor aches and pains associated with the common cold
- Dental pain
- Period pain
- Acute and chronic pain due to inflammation
- Ibuprofen also reduces fever
Ibuprofen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). NSAIDs relieve pain and inflammation by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins, which have an important involvement in the production of inflammation, pain and fever in the body.
- The initial recommended dose of Ibuprofen is 400 mg.
- 200 to 400 mg may be given every four hours if required.
- The maximum recommended dose is 1200mg per day.
Common side effects
- Stomach Ulcers
- Salt and fluid retention
- High blood pressure
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach cramps
Uncommon side effects
- High potassium levels
- Kidney function impairment
- Ulceration of the oesophagus
- Heart failure
For further information talk to your doctor.