Generic Name: Thiothixene
Product Name: Navane
Treatment of acute and chronic psychoses.
Antagonise D2 receptors resulting in anti-psychotic effects, including relief from symptoms such as hallucinations, delusions or abnormal behaviour/thought.
- Initially, 6-10mg/day in 2 or 3 divided doses.
- Maintenance 10-30mg once daily or in divided doses.
- Maximum 50mg daily.
Common side effects
- Anticholinergic effects: dry mouth, blurred vision, constipation, tachycardia, urinary hesitancy, increased intraocular pressure, nausea, sexual adverse effects.
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Extrapyramidal effects (Parkinsonism, Akathisia, Dystonias, Tardive Dyskinesia)
- Hyperprolactinaemia (may result in galactorrhoea, gynaecomastia, amenorrhoea or infertility)
Uncommon side effects
- Allergic reactions
- Pigmentary changes of skin or eyes
- Corneal and lens opacities
For further information talk to your doctor.