Generic Name: Ranitidine hydrochloride
Product Name: Hexal Ranitic
The use of Ranitidine is indicated in the following conditions:
Ranitidine acts to reduce the production of acid in the stomach.
- The initial recommended dose is 300 mg orally given as a single evening dose for 4-8 weeks or 50 mg intravenously or intramuscularly given every 6-8 hours.
- Maintenance dosing is 150-300 mg orally given as a single evening dose.
- 300 mg orally given as a single evening dose.
Prevention of Stress Ulcer:
- The initial dose is 50 mg intravenously given slowly.
- An intravenous infusion of 125-250 micrograms/kg/hour should be continued until risk factors for stress ulcer are removed.
- 150 mg orally twice a day for 4-8 weeks.
- 2-4 mg/kg orally twice daily up to a maximum dose of 300 mg a day.
- 1 mg/kg intravenously every 6-8 hours up to a maximum dose of 50 mg.
Common side effects
Uncommon side effects
– Development of breast tissue in males- Decreased libido- Impotence– Reversible involuntary movement
For further information talk to your doctor.