Generic Name: Aspirin
Product Name: Herron Aspirin
Aspirin is used for:
- Relief of pain of mild to moderate severity
- Relief of fever in patients older than 18 years of age
- Preventing the formation of blood clots
- Pain relief in patients with bone metastases
- Tension headache
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Acute rheumatic fever
In children Aspirin may be used in:
Aspirin is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that relieves pain and reduces fever by blocking prostaglandin synthesis by inhibiting an enzyme known as cyclo-oxygenase.
- 300-900 mg every 4-6 hours as required.
- Rheumatic fever and juvenile chronic arthritis: The initial dose is 15-20 mg/kg every 6 hours. Maintenance dosing is 20 mg/kg every 4-6 hours
- Kawasaki Disease: The initial dose is 10 mg/kg every 8 hours until the fever settles. Maintenance dosing is 3-5 mg/kg once a day
Common side effects
Uncommon side effects
- Infrequent skin rashes
- Iron deficiency anaemia,
- Kidney impairment
- Oesophageal ulceration
- Allergic reactions
For further information talk to your doctor.