Generic Name: Ranitidine
Product Name: healthsense Ranitidine
Short-term treatment and relapse prevention of:
- Ulcers in the stomach and duodenum
- Inflammation of the oesophagus caused by reflux.
- Healthsense Ranitidine is also used to treat a disease called gastrinoma and inflammation of the oesophagus caused by an autoimmune disease called scleroderma.
Ulcers in the stomach and duodenum are caused (or worsened) by too much acid in the stomach. Healthsense Ranitidine is a drug that blocks acid production by special cells in the stomach. Reducing the acid helps treat the symptoms of ulcers and reflux, and also helps the ulcers to heal. Ranitidine is helpful in preventing these problems from coming back as well.
Acute gastric/duodenal ulcer
- 300mg at bedtime or 150mg twice daily (morning and bedtime) for 4 weeks.
- Some patients may require an additional 2-4 weeks of therapy.
- Maintenance:for one yearDuodenal ulcer:
- 150mg at bedtime (300mg for smokers).
- Gastric ulcer:
- 150mg at bedtime
- 150mg three times daily, increasing to 600-900mg daily if necessary.
- 300mg at bedtime or 150mg twice daily in acute stages.
- 150mg twice daily for maintenance.
Common side effects
Uncommon side effects
– Increased or decreased heart rate or irregular beats- Insomnia– Vertigo – Hair loss- Reduced sex drive or impotence (rare)Severely ill patients may suffer a number of nervous effects such as:- Agitation– Depression– Hallucinations- Confusion
For further information talk to your doctor.