Generic Name: Hypromellose
Product Name: GenTeal Lubricant Eye Drops
Genteal Eye drops and Genteal Eye gel are used to provide relief from dry and irritated eyes.
- Genteal Eye drops contain Hypromellose as an active ingredient.
- Genteal Eye gel contains Hypromellose and Carbomer 980.
- Both Hypromellose and Carbomer 980 are lubricants that soothe dry and irritated eyes.
- Genteal Eye drops or eye gel can be used as often as required.
- The usual regimen is one to two drops into the affected eye 3 to 4 times a day or when required.
- It is important when instilling the eye drop, the tip of the bottle/tube should not touch any part of the eye as to prevent contamination of the contents of the bottle.
- The bottle/ tube should be discarded 4 weeks after opening.
- Genteal is safe to use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Genteal is not a scheduled product.2
Common side effects
Side effects with the use of Genteal eye drops and Genteal eye gel rarely occur. However, consult your doctor if you experience any side effects.
Uncommon side effects
These are some side effects that occur in less than 1% of patients and are uncommon. Do not be alarmed by this list, they are uncommon side effects and a patient will not necessarily experience any of these: These side effects may be noted with the instillation of Genteal Eye gel.
- Allergic reaction
Consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms or any other unusual or abnormal symptoms.
- Australian Medicines Handbook. Genteal. [Monograph online]AMH Pty Ltd 2007. [Cited December 2, 2007]. Available from: [URL Link]
- Genteal. MIMS Online. [Monograph online] MIMS Australia Pty Ltd 2007. [Cited December 2, 2007]. Available from: [URL Link]
For further information talk to your doctor.