Generic Name: Aluminium hydroxide; Magnesium hydroxide; Magnesium trisilicate; Simethicone
Product Name: Gastrogel
Gastrogel is an antacid medication used to relieve the symptoms such as:
- Gastric upset
- that are associated with having too much acid in the stomach.It can also be useful in the treatment of peptic ulcer disease, especially when this is associated with pain.
Overall, Gastrogel is an antacid medication that helps to combat acid in the stomach. This provides relief of symptoms caused by too much acid, such as indigestion and reflux. Gastrogel can neutralise acid that is already present in the stomach, but it doesn’t stop production of acid. Each of the ingredients in Gastrogel has a role to make the medication more tolerable:
- Aluminium provides some extra protection (from gastric acid) to the cells lining the stomach.
- Magnesium salts help prevent constipation, which may be caused by the aluminium.
- Simethicone helps to prevent flatulence.
Gastrogel is designed for symptomatic relief, take only when needed.Tablets:
- 1-2 tablets before meals or at bedtime, or as required.
- should be sucked or chewed.
- 10-20ml before meals or at bedtime, or as required.
Uncommon side effects
Constipation or diarrhoea, but usually when Gastrogel is used at excessive doses.
For further information talk to your doctor.