Generic Name: Dacarbazine
Product Name: D.T.I.C
Darcarbazine is used in the treatment of the following tumours:
Dacarbazine interferes with cellular replication by forming cross-linkages between DNA strands.
Specialist protocols should be consulted concerning dosages:
- An initial dose that may be used is 250 mg/m2 daily given by intravenous infusion on days 1-5 of each 21-day cycle
- Alternatively, 800 mg/m2 can be given on day 1 of each 21-day cycle
- These doses may be used in single or combination therapy
- Subsequent doses depend on the individual patient’s response and the severity of adverse effects.
- Dacarbazine is used in combination treatment with other antineoplastic agents
- 150 mg/m2 each day given by intravenous infusion on days 1-5 of each 28-day cycle
- Alternatively, 375 mg/m2 can be given on day 1 and day 15 of each 28-day cycle.
Common side effects
- Bone marrow suppression
- Muscle aches
- Facial flushing
- Pain along the injected vein
Uncommon side effects
- Low white cell count
- Blurred vision
- Hair loss
- Increased sensitivity of skin to light
For further information talk to your doctor.