Generic Name: Fluconazole
Product Name: Canesoral
Canesoral acts on an important fungal process that ultimately inhibits the fungi that is responsible for producing the typical symptoms of thrush.
How to take your capsule:
- In adults above 18 years old; swallow one capsule with a glass of water.
- Take dose once only and may be taken at any time of the day
- May be taken with or without food
If you have any concerns regarding the use of Canesoral, please ask your pharmacist or doctor.
Please seek advice if you have any of the following:
- Allergies to fluconazole or any allergies to anti-fungals.
- Cardiac problems
- Canesoral contains lactose and hence may not be suitable for those who are lactose-intolerant or sensitive
- Please discuss alternative treatments with your doctor if you are pregnant or intend to get pregnant. Canesoral is not recommended during pregnancy.
- If you are breastfeeding or intend to breastfeed, please seek the advice of your health professional as Canesoral is not recommended during breastfeeding.
Canesoral is Schedule 3.
Common side effects
All medications may cause side effects that, if experienced, are usually mild and temporary. Do not be alarmed by the following list as you may not experience any problems. However, if you have any concerns, please consult your health professional.
The following list of side effects occurs in more than 1% of patients and hence are categorised as common.
Uncommon side effects
The following list of side effects are categorised as uncommon as it has an occurrence of less than 1%;
- Itchy skin which may also affect the genitals
- Rash (which may also be red)
- Dry skin
- Abnormal skin odour
- Feeling dizzy
- Constipation, flatulence, vomiting
- Difficulty sleeping
If you experience any side effects (listed or unlisted) that is of concern to you, please notify your doctor.
- Canesoral. MIMS Online [online]. 2007 [cited April 4 2008]. Available from: URL: http://mims.hcn.net.au.dbgw.lis.curtin.edu.au/ifmx-nsapi/mims-data/?MIval=2MIMS_abbr_pi&product_code=7789&product_name=Canesoral
- Australian Medicines Handbook 2007; Adelaide, Pharmaceutical Society of Australia, 2007.
For further information talk to your doctor.