Generic Name: Calcium carbonate
Product Name: Andrews TUMS Antacid
Used for relief of the symptoms of indigestion and heartburn experienced by patients with:
- Gastric hyperacidity
- Hiatus hernia
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux
- Peptic ulcer
- Stomach upset.
- Andrews TUMS Antacid is also a good source of calcium.
The active ingredient in Andrews TUMS Antacid, calcium carbonate, neutralises excess acid produced by the stomach, thereby reducing the burning symptoms associated with indigestion.
- Chew 1-2 tablets after food.
- Maximum 16 tablets per day.
- Suitable for use in children aged over 6 only.
- Chew 1 tablet after food.
- Maximum 8 tablets per day.
Common side effects
– Constipation – Stomach bloating- Flatulence- Belching
Uncommon side effects
If too much calcium is administered to the patient, the body may begin to show signs of hypercalcaemia:- Constipation – Severe dry mouth- Headache– Continuing increased thirst- Irritability- Loss of appetite– Mental depressionIf a combination of these symptoms occurs after significant use of Andrews TUMS Antacid, cease the medication immediately and see your doctor.
For further information talk to your doctor.