Generic Name: Orciprenaline sulfate
Product Name: Alupent
Used for symptom relief during maintenance treatment of asthma and other conditions with reversible airways obstruction
- Relax bronchial smooth muscle by stimulating beta 2 adrenoreceptors, thus increasing airway diameter
- Fast onset of action (5-15 minutes)
- Short duration of action (3-6 hours)
Adults and children: 0.75-1.5mg (1-2 inhalations) as required up to 3-4 times daily.
Common side effects
Uncommon side effects
- Increased heart rate (which can also lead to paroxysmal tachyarrhythmias such as atrial fibrillation or paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia)
- Muscle cramps
- Hyperactivity in childrenInsomnia
- Hyperglycaemia (high blood sugar) and hypokalaemia (low blood potassium) when drug taken in high doses
For further information talk to your doctor.