A scrumptious seafood recipe – grilled salmon perfectly teamed with a well seasoned brown rice salad.
- 4 pieces fresh salmon, approx. 100g each
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup brown rice
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 3/4 cup sunflower or grape seed oil
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- dessert spoon brown sugar
- Boil or steam rice according to packet instructions. Leave to cool.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper to taste. Cook on a lightly oiled grill until fish is opaque, turning once.
- Mix rice with spring onions, capsicum, currants, almonds, sunflower seeds and fresh herbs.
- In a separate container, combine dressing ingredients and shake together. Pour half of the dressing over the salad, then toss and taste. Add more dressing if required.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Difficulty rating: Easy
- If leaving the skin on the salmon, cook the salmon fillets skin side down first to get the skin nice and crispy.
- Use a shake container or drink bottle to make the dressing. The leftover dressing can be stored in the fridge and used again just before serving.
- The brown rice can be replaced with couscous or quinoa if preferred. Cook according to packet instructions.
Nutritional analysis per serve:
|Energy|| 3204 kJ|
|Total fat||59.8 g|
|Saturated fat||6.2 g|
|Total sugars||13.4 g|