Sorry this competition is now closed.
Thanks to Pan Macmillan we are giving away 10 copies of “The Big 5 – Five simple things you can do to live a longer, healthier life” by Dr Sanjiv Chopra, RRP $29.99.
“The research backs up every claim made in the book. The Big 5 could very well change your life for the better with very little effort.” Deepak Chopra
The fundamental promise of every exciting medical discovery, diet, and exercise program is the same: do this, buy this, or eat this and you will look better, live longer, and feel healthier. But few books can make the promise of this one: if you adopt the following five simple habits you will live a longer and healthier life, guaranteed.
- Drink coffee
- Exercise regularly
- Add nuts to your diet
- Get plenty of vitamin D
- Meditate regularly
No gimmicks, no catches, on ifs, ands or buts.
Presented by a trusted expert, The Big 5 includes easily digestible data from studies conducted by reputable universities, involving thousands of subjects. As there’s no profit-driven industry promoting these ideas, many people aren’t aware of the incredible benefits of incorporating them into their lives. Now readers can see how these five things offer many more proven benefits than the latest expensive supplements, fad diets, jazzy exercise programs, or state-of-the-art gym equipment.
Dr. Sanjiv Chopra is Professor of Medicine & Faculty Dean for Continuing Medical Education at Harvard Medical School, and Director of Clinical Hepatology at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. He has approximately 100 publications and 4 specialist books to his credit and has received numerous awards including the Excellence in Teaching Award from Harvard Medical School. With Dr. Alan Lotvin and David Fisher, he is the author of Leadership by Example and Live Better, Live Longer. He lives in Weston, Massachusetts.
David Fisher is the author of more than fifteen New York Times bestsellers. He lives in New York.
Prize: 10 copies of “The Big 5” by Dr Sanjiv Chopra, RRP $29.99.
Who can enter? Australian residents, Members only
How often? Once a day
Promotion starts: 20/05/2016
Promotion ends: 03/06/2016
How to enter
Provided you are a myVMC member (sign up here) simply fill in the form below and answer the question.
Can’t see the form?
Then you forgot to log in or you’re not yet a member! Our competitions are only open to myVMC members who are Australian residents. If you aren’t a member yet please sign up first. Membership is free and there are great offers and benefits! Then log in, come back to this page and fill out the form.
For your chance to win, tell us how this book would solve your problems (in 25 words or less)!
Terms and Conditions
Participation in the myVMC Competition (Competition) indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions of entry set out below.
- The Promoter is Virtual Medical Centre.com of Level 2, 541 Hay Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008. Postal address is PO Box 531, Subiaco WA 6904 , Australia. ABN 12097593587. Phone: +61 (08) 9388 0344. Fax: +61 (08) 9388 0611. The prize is sponsored by Pan Macmillan Australia, Level 25, 1 Market Street, Sydney, NSW 2000.
- Promotional Period. The Promotion will be open from 2pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on Friday 20 May 2016 until 12pm AEST on Friday 03 June 2016.
- Eligible Entrants. Entry is open to all Australian residents, aged 15 years and over, who are new or existing members of myVMC, except employees or contractors of the Promoter or prize sponsor, and members of their immediate families. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of a parent or guardian to enter.
- To enter you must:
a) be a new or current myVMC member
b) submit an answer to the question asked, and
c) submit all required contact details
- Prizes. There are 10 (ten) prizes. Each consists of a copy of the book “The Big 5” by Dr Sanjiv Chopra, each valued at RRP $29.99. Total prize pool RRP $299.90.
- Winners: The winners of the competition will be the people who submit an entry that the judges regard as the best in terms of creativity and originality. Chance plays no part in determining the winners. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding their decision.
Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries or entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win.
- Notification: The winners will be selected by the promoter. The books will then be sent by the prize sponsor to the winners’ addresses as provided in the entry form. The winners may also be posted on www.myvmc.com (including their name, suburb and state).
- Change of address: It is the entrants’ responsibility to inform the Promoter if their residential address, email address or phone number changes during the Competition Period. Prizes will only be delivered in Australia.
- Unclaimed prizes: In the event that the Prize has not been claimed by 12 noon AEST 10 June 2016, subject to any directions given by State and Territory gaming departments the prize will be awarded to the next best eligible entrant as chosen by the judges.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash. All other costs associated with a Prize are the responsibility of the winner. The Promoter shall not be liable for any Prize that may be lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way before it reaches the winner.
- If the Promoter is unable to provide a winner with the nominated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative prize of the equal or greater value, subject to any written directions given by State or Territory gaming departments.
- Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
- If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, subject to State and Territory regulations.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these terms and conditions of entry. In the event there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. The Promoter or prize sponsor shall not be liable for any damage or loss whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this promotion, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- By entering the competition, each entrant agrees to the use of their 25 word statement for printing, broadcast, publicity and promotional purposes, without compensation, and agrees that the Promoter will own all intellectual property rights, in any such material.
- The personal information provided by participants to the Promoter may be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting the Competition. The Promoter is bound by the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988.