A 1-Year Study On The Effects Of CP-945,598 For The Treatment Of Obesity In Overweight Type 2 Diabetic Patients
The purpose of this study is to determine if CP-945,598 is effective in the treatment of obesity in type 2 diabetic patients.
[title]A 1-Year, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Phase 3 Study To Evaluate The Efficacy And Safety Of CP-945,598 In The Treatment Of Overweight, Oral Agent-Treated Subjects With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus[conditions]Obesity, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus[studytype]Interventional[studydesign]Treatment, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo Control, Parallel Assignment, Safety/Efficacy Study [studydetails]
- Primary Outcome Measures: Change in body weight over one year.
- Secondary Outcome Measures: HbA1c, BP, blood lipids, fasting glucose, waist circumference, quality of life over 1 year.
- Ages Eligible for Study: 18 Years – 70 Years
- Genders Eligible for Study: Both
- Subjects must be overweight (BMI 27-45 kg/m2).
- Subjects must have type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Serious or unstable current or past medical conditions
- Pfizer Investigational Site, Garran, Australian Capital Territory, Australia; Recruiting
- Pfizer Investigational Site, Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia; Recruiting
- Pfizer Investigational Site, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia; Recruiting
- Pfizer Investigational Site, Box Hill, Victoria, Australia; Recruiting
- Pfizer Investigational Site, Nedlands, Western Australia, Australia; Recruiting
Contact Pfizer for more information about this trial.