Generic Name: Prednisolone
Product Name: Panafcortelone
Panafcortelone is used in the following situations:
- Anti-inflammatory treatment in acute gout and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Autoimmune diseases to suppress an overactive immune system.
Corticosteroids alter genes within the body’s cells to reduce the body’s normal inflammation and immune responses.
Adult dosage for PanafcorteloneAutoimmune and inflammatory disease control:
- The initial recommended dose is 1-2 mg per kg per day.
- This dose may then be reduced according to the patient’s clinical response.
- 5-10 mg once daily.
- The initial recommended Panafcortelone dose is 20-50 mg once daily for 3-5 days.
- This dose is then reduced gradually over 7-10 days.
Children dosage for PanafcorteloneAutoimmune disease:
- The initial recommended Panafcortelone dose is 2 mg per kg per day.
- The dose is then reduced over 2 months to the minimum dose required to sustain remission.
- The chronic use of corticosteroids in children may retard bone growth and growth and development needs to be monitored carefully.Panafcortelone is safe to used during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Common side effects
- Increased susceptibility to infections such as thrush
- Masking of signs of infection
- Osteoporosis and bone fractures
- Muscle weakness
- Increased appetite
- Delayed healing of wounds
- Thin fragile skin
- Reduced growth in children
- Cessation of menstruation
- Psychotic episodes
Uncommon side effects
- Burning and tingling sensation in the genital area.
- Death of bone in the hip, ankle and shoulder.
- Fractures of the vertebral bodies.
For further information talk to your doctor.