Generic Name: Piroxicam
Product Name: GenRx Piroxicam Dispersible Tablets
Piroxicam is used to relieve pain and inflammation in the following conditions:
Piroxicam is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). NSAIDs relieve pain and inflammation by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins, which have an important involvement in the production of inflammation, pain and fever in the body.
- The recommended initial dose is 10 mg once a day.
- The usual dose range is 10-20 mg once a day
- Doses greater than 20 mg a day carry an increased risk of adverse effects and are not recommended.
Common side effects
- Nausea and vomiting
- Stomach ulcers
- Salt and fluid retention
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Appetite loss
- Stomach cramps
Uncommon side effects
- High potassium levels
- Kidney function impairment
- Ulceration of the oesophagus
- Heart failure
For further information talk to your doctor.